Thursday, May 30, 2013

Carpe Diem #209, Future



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

"What will the future bring us?" That's a question which a lot of people ask themselves. The future, the time which lays in front of us, what will it bring? Where do I stand in my life, say ... over ten years?
I think I am still at work as a nurse, for sure I will be writing haiku, because haiku is my life. Will I live in the same city than? Will Carpe Diem still exist? Nothing can be said about that, it's all in the future. As Ilook to the near future than I can say already 'June will be a great haiku month, because we have all classical kigo (seasonwords) for Summer. It will again be a joy to be your host here on Carpe Diem and I am looking forward to all your wonderful haiku. As I look a bit further in the near future I see the nice prompt-list for July, which I have already prepared. By the way that list I will share with you somewhere around June 15th. And ... I have already some ideas for August, but that's all in the near future.


fortuneteller
touches the heart of Honeysuckle
the way to wisdom


Credits: Fortuneteller

As I was preparing this episode I thought 'Maybe I can lay the Tarot to see the future of Carpe Diem, but than I thought no I can't do that, because the Tarot is Divine (as we have seen and discovered) and not suitable for occult matters such as fortunetelling or divination'. But I have to say that I was tempted to do it.

The near future looks great, so I don't need to know what will come in the future. I only will say this: "I hope that I can be your host here on Carpe Diem for a long time. I hope that our haiku-community will grow and that more haiku-poets will find their way to Carpe Diem'.

The future what will it bring us? I don't know, but that we have a future that's for sure.


the future
hidden behind a veil of clouds
just like the moon



Credits: Bright Future Ahead

When I was preparing this episode, it was already late in the evening the moon was hidden behind clouds and you could only see a thin line of light ... the future lays behind the veil ...

This prompt will stay on 'til June 1st 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, the first of a new month of Carpe Diem, mijikayo (short night), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).

Namaste







5 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a warm tribute Kristjaan, we should make it a mission to each invite two to carpe diem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the future is bright, and we certainly have short nights now... and once again I'm behind in commenting..

    and I LOVE

    the future
    hidden behind a veil of clouds
    just like the moon

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your future, hidden behind a veil of clouds, be full my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the future be bright, we are all children of the light.
    Your haiku inspired this:
    Our life plan
    in the veil of forgetting
    eludes us.
    Tigerbrite

    ReplyDelete