Friday, April 4, 2014

Carpe Diem #438, dreams


Dear Haijin,visitors and travelers,

Spring has started really now ... what a joy to see how Mother Earth is getting back her colorful face ... this is were we all have dreamed about as winter ruled the world. The sweet scent of blossoming trees and flowers. The thousands of green colors of the new leaves ... finally a dream came true ... spring is here in all her beauty. One of the examples for this prompt written by Jane Reichhold:

dreaming I was
the sleeve of your coat
I learned your secret

Reverent Marten Luther King had a dream too ... equality for all races, he is quoted a lot with his one-liner "I have a dream" (I have even used his quote for one of our features at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Special), but that dream is still a dream as we all know. There are still politicians who are calling for un-equality of races. Here in The Netherlands a man, Geert Wilders, is such a politician. Not my kind of politics.

Reverent Marten Luther King

I was brought up with the idea of "Love your neighbor like yourself" and that is still my drive to do what I do,  e.g. in my work as an oncology-nurse, love is the emotion which is the strongest drive for me. As an haiku-poet I try to expose that unconditional love for everyone and everything through my haiku ... For this episode I wrote a cascading haiku as I was inspired and on a roll.

dreaming of a new day
a new world of equality
full of strong love


full of strong love
I compose haiku for the world
sharing my dreams


sharing my dreams
with everyone and everthing
a new spring day


a new spring day
as thousand birds sing their song
in praise of God


in praise of God
nature is coming back to life
living its dream


(c) Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Shaper of Dreams

Give words to your dreams and be inspired by this post to write your haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka or haibun and share your dream with our haiku-family at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until April 7th 12.59 AM (CET). I will try to post our new episode laterer on today.

Namaste


10 comments:

  1. i luv the fact that you wish to share your haiku with the whole world

    have a nice Friday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cascade of love.. each haiku stand by themselves so well as should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i especially enjoyed jane's haiku.... and of course dreaming of a new day such as celebrating upon waking...my cup of tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A prompt I cannot resist! Thank you for sharing your haiku, Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was tremendous humility within your haiku ... I enjoyed the essay and loved your cascading haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your cascade is beautiful, a waterfall of loving kindness

    ReplyDelete
  8. I specially liked-
    "in praise of God
    nature is coming back to life
    living its dream"

    ReplyDelete