Saturday, April 5, 2014

Carpe Diem #439, expectation



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This new month of Carpe Diem is almost a week on track and I hsve read wonderful haiku written by you. I think you have had expectations when I published our prompt-list for April as I do too.
I have great expectations for our first upcoming 'ghost-writing' week and I have already read a few of the posts by our 'ghost-writers' for this month ... I am looking forward to your responses on this 'ghost-writing'-posts.

Today our prompt is expectation and that is in my opinion a real spring prompt. We all have expectations e.g. what color will that blossom have, how will the weather be ... and so on.
Jane Reichhold gives the following example of expectation:

on a bridge
a young couple discuss
old lovers


Credits: Lovers on a Bridge

What a beautiful haiku. Haven't we done that all? Discussing former relations with the ones we love now? My wife had expectations and I had too as we started our relationship ... well I think our expectations have become true after almost 25 years together.

It will not be easy to write a new haiku as beautiful as the one by Jane, but I have to try.

my first day at work
what do they expect from me?
unconditional love?

unconditional love
shared with the ones I love -
wild flower bouquet

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Wild Flower Bouquet

Not as good as I had hoped, but well ... I enjoyed writing them and that's enough, don't you think so too?
This episode will be open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until April 8th 11.59 AM (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, our first episode written by one of the five ghost-writers, later on today.
For now have fun, be inspired and share your haiku on expectations with us all here at our Haiku Kai.


3 comments:

  1. When we can be true to ourselves and others - life becomes a joy to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah -- expectations- so much spring--- I truly love these modern kigo

    ReplyDelete