Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #93, Jack Kerouac's 4th "playing basketball"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First I have to apologize for a little confusion about yesterday's prompt. I have used "creation" for prompt instead of "ancestor" as planned on our prompt list. On my 'paper-list' (on which I had written the stories to use) I had written "creation" as prompt instead of "ancestor". Our yesterday's post IS the "ancestor"-episode, but I used the wrong word, I used the word for the story. So my excuses for that. I have placed "ancestor" in that episode-title today.

This month is almost over, we are in the last semester of this month and that makes me a little bit sad, because we will have no Jack Kerouac haiku anymore after this month has gone.
But ... it's still May and so today I challenge you to write a new haiku, inspired on the one given by Jack Kerouac, in his spirit, sense and tone. I know several of you, my dear Haijin, are fan of Kerouac's haiku and I am too ...

Here is another haiku written by Kerouac for your inspiration:

playing basketball
– the lady next door
watching again


© Jack Kerouac
Credits: Playing Basketball Outside
 
Wow ... I like this haiku very much, maybe it's because of the theme, basketball (I once was a good basketball-player) and the hidden adoration, sensuality and maybe sexuality in it. Must have been a great sight. 

she watches him
from behind the curtains
prima ballerina

prima ballerina
dances in the arms of her boyfriend -
just a dream

just a dream
to become happy again and in love
dying lady swan

© Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Ballet-duet from Swan Lake

I hope you did like this Special and that it will inspire you to write haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as Jack Kerouac.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until May 24th at noon. I will try to post our new episode, Valley, later on today. For now ... have fun!


2 comments:

  1. Oh .. I read a little bit of peeping John into this.. but your interpretation with a cascade is just lovely.. and yes I felt obliged to answer with an American Sentence..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haiku masters write
    in many different forms
    Basho would be proud!

    ReplyDelete