Monday, March 12, 2018

Carpe Diem #1387 The Breeze at Dawn


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our wonderful Kai, the place to be if you like to write and share Japanese poetry ... were we honor and respect each other. That last part of this first line is what I am striving for. We are a warmhearted family of haiku poets from all over the globe. We all have our own ideas and thoughts, our own beliefs or philosophies and that makes Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

Recently I changed the theme of this month, maybe you felt that as failure or disrespect, but that was not my intention. I only noticed that the Quran is a very difficult source of inspiration, because of our differences in background and beliefs. So that's my reason why I changed the theme to Rumi the Mystical Poet. Rumi is a renown poet from the 13th century and he is renown for the beauty of his poetry. In this part of March we will explore poems written by him and I hope his poems will inspire you to create haiku, tanka or another form of Japanese poetry.


Today I have chosen another beauty of Rumi. This one I have given the title "the breeze at dawn". This title is taken from the first line of the poem. I hope this poem will inspire you ...

The Breeze of Dawn:

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.

You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.

People are going back and forth across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.

The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.

© Rumi

What do you think of this poem? I love this one. I feel the fragility of  the dawn and the breeze that awakens me. I listen to the song of birds, the voice of the breeze, the beating of my heart ... it's a holy moment.

sunbeams caress (image found on Pinterest)

sunbeams caress my body
through the breeze the sheets have slipped from me
Ra kisses me awake

© Chèvrefeuille

I have tried to create a classical haiku this time, but I don't know if I succeeded, but I think this is a beautiful haiku (how immodest).

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 19th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, another beauty by Rumi, later on today. Have fun for now and be inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment